Designed to take on the steepest and most technical terrain you want to explore
Named after the Hayatsuki Ridge in the Japanese Alps this boot is designed for mixed rock and ice and general mountaineering. The Hayatsuki is handcrafted in our factory in Montebelluna, Italy and we use only the highest quality materials which delivers both comfort and great performance.
GORE-TEX INSULATED COMFORT + PRIMALOFT
Keep your feet warm dry in all mountain conditions with the integrated waterproof GORE-TEX Insulated Comfort+ membrane. With added Primaloft insulation, you will be sure to stay warm.
The VIBRAM Curcuma mountain sole is crampon compatible and designed to carry you through any terrain. From rugged trails to steep snow and ice, it is there for you.
AKU ELICA TECHNOLOGY
ELICA Technology ensures an anatomical fit to provide better stability and weight distribution across your boot sole to reduce pressure points and encourage better hiking form.
- Lining Description: Waterproof GORE-TEX® Insulated Comfort + PRIMALOFT
- Sole: Vibram Curcuma Mountain Sole
- Footbed: AKU Custom Fit Insole with Aluminum Insulaton
- Lasting board (stiffness): 6-4 MM GLASS FIBRE + DIE CUT EVA (X STIFF)
- Midsole: Double Density Polyurethane Exockeleton
- Upper: 3.0MM Italian Perwanger Leather + Elastic Textile + AIR8000®
- Upper protection: Rubber Rand +LIBA®SMART PU
- Weight: 900 Grams per Boot
- Made in Italy
I made my winter mountaineering/ ice climbing boot selection from trying on 4 pairs of boots : Hanwag Sirius II ( too heavy/clumpy), La Sportiva Nepal Cube ( heavy/ clumpy/light on insulation), Scarpa Mont Blanc Pro ( heavy/light on insulation) and the chosen one AKU Hayatsuki.
I usually wear a US13/EU47 in Scarpa, Hanwag, La Sportiva in AKU Hayatsuki US12.5/EU47 fit.
AKU Pros: 1)toe room superior than others for my foot and comfortable, no hot spots in training.
2)Insulation scheme far superior compared to others
3) decent ankle ( critically important to me) support with good forward flexibility
4) lacing system superior to others for dialing and locking in the fit
5) relatively lightweight winter boot seems quite nimble comfortable hiking
6) by far better price point
7) AKUs Patricia H delivered superior customer support from handling my return to promptly answering my myriad of Hayatsuki performance questions.
AKU Canada/USA online works to ensure the customer is satisfied which unfortunately is becoming a rarity in online shopping.
Cons: first pair I received from AKU had sloppy quality control and returned for second pair which was a correctly finished pair of boots.
I have yet to wear them in an alpine environment yet due to injury but can’t wait to get on the mountain with them. I hope they are as comfortable on the mountain as they are in training. That is why in good faith a 4 star designation instead of 5. Update later
Stiff and taking a while to break in. Expensive for a boot that makes your feet sore. I’ll give it a little longer before donating them. Hopefully will break in soon. Hard to wear a full 14 hour day